Kawasaki Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2" strips (approx. 16)
- 1/4 cup sriracha mayonnaise, plus more for garnish when serving
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal (or panko breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a few cranks of freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions (scallions), green ends sliced into thin strips
- 2 heads butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- White rice, cooked
Adapted from rookno17.com
Step 1: In a medium bowl, toss chicken breast strips with mayonnaise to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
Step 2: In a medium shallow bowl or plate, mix together the almond meal, kosher salt, garlic powder, pepper and Parmesan.
Step 3: Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat the bottom of a baking sheet with olive oil.
Step 4: Dredge each marinated chicken strip in the almond meal mixture. Place on the oiled baking sheet.
Step 5: Bake on middle rack of oven for 15 minutes. Flip chicken pieces over, then bake for an additional 15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Step 6: While chicken is baking, assemble a platter with the remaining ingredients.
To assemble: Take a butter lettuce leaf and add some sticky white rice. Top with a chicken strip, avocado slice, piece of green onion, and sriracha mayo. Eat like a taco. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Mexican Quinoa Chicken Fajita... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheesy Salsa Lime Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- One-Pot Black Pepper Chicken 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Chicken Green Curry 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine - Low Carb 4.3/5 (21 Votes)