Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 6 (8-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 1 3/4 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from justataste.com
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese with the sour cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold in 3/4 cup of the sliced strawberries.
Divide the mixture evenly between the tortillas, slathering each portion in the lower third of each tortilla. Next, fold the two sides of each tortilla toward the center and then roll the tortilla up like a burrito and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat the rolling process with the remaining tortillas.
Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set it aside. Line a large plate with paper towels.
Add 3 inches of oil to a large, deep saucepan, leaving a minimum of 2 inches from the top of the oil to the top of the saucepan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 360ºF on a deep-fry thermometer.
You'll also love
- Braised Beef with vegs 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Green Beans 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Slow Roasted Tomato Bacon Jam 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Healthy Banana Waffles 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Blueberry Blue Velvet Cake Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate-Raspberry Cream Pie 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Tomato Salsa Recipe 4.7/5 (10 Votes)