EGGPLANT WITH TOMATO-MINT SAUCE AND GOAT CHEESE
Makes: 4 Servings – a satisfying meatless main course
- Makes: 4 Servings – a satisfying meatless main course
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 2 1-pound eggplants, trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch thick crosswise rounds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can Italian-style tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- 8 Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 500F Spray 2 large baking sheets with oil spray. Arrange eggplant rounds on prepared sheets; brush lightly with 1 Tbsp oil Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes. Turn rounds over and bake until tender and golden, about 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining ½ Tbsp oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juices, mint and oregano and simmer until sauce thickens and is reduced to 1 ¾ cups, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon half of tomato sauce into shallow 2-quart baking dish. Arrange eggplant rounds atop sauce, overlapping slightly. Spoon remaining sauce over. Sprinkle cheese over. Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.
You'll also love
- Five ingredient pineapple upside... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunflower 'N Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Leeks with Mustard in Microwave 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Chipotle Cannellini Beans... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Pasta with Fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)