Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
- 1 jar (24 oz) Italian Classics Grandma's Pomodoro Sauce, divided
- 2 medium (about 3/4 lb each) eggplants, trimmed, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 Tbsp. Italian Classics Toscano Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Italian Classics Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian Classics Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Wegmans Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooking spray
Cooking time 70mins
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Spray bottom and sides of pan with cooking spray; spread bottom of pan with 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Top with overlapping layer of eggplant slices; drizzle with olive oil. Add even layer of bread crumbs; sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Season to taste with seasoned salt and cracked black pepper. Top with remaining sauce and remaining grated cheese.
2. Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender, Remove from oven; top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Let rest 15 minutes before serving. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil on top.