Beef with Broccoli
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 TBSP sherry
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed of fat and sliced very thin against the grain
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, cornstarch, sherry, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Pour half the liquid over the sliced meat in a bowl and toss. Reserve the other half of the liquid and set aside.
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet or wok over high heat. Add the broccoli and stir for a minute. Remove to a plate.
Allow the skillet to get very hot again. With tongs, add the meat in a single layer. Spread out the meat as you add it to the skillet, but do not stir for a minute. (You want the meat to get as brown as possible in as short amount a time as possible.) Turn the meat to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove to a clean plate.
Pour the reserved sauce into the skillet along with the beef broth and oyster sauce. Cook over high heat til it starts to thicken. Add the beef and broccoli back into the skillet and toss to coat. Season with salt if needed.
You'll also love
- Crab dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Zucchini Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Frittata with Sausage and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Pork Loin Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barry's Broccoli Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)