Cauliflower and Broccoli in Swiss Cheese Sauce
- 4 cups broccoli florets* (8 ounces)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets* (16 ounces)
- 1 14 ounce jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 6 ounces process Swiss cheese, torn (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ranch-flavor sliced almonds (optional)
- Note: If you like, substitute 1 1/2 16-ounce packages (about 8 cups) frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets for the fresh. Prepare as directed.
Adapted from bhg.com
In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine broccoli, cauliflower, pasta sauce, Swiss cheese, onion, thyme, and pepper.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Stir gently before serving. If desired, sprinkle with almonds. Makes 10 servings