This soup is so delish! Served with some crusty bread for dipping -- Well, it is a bit of heaven for your taste buds!
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, I like ground but you can use link.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 6 pieces bacon, fried and chopped
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped kale or swiss chard
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne, if desired for heat
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Fry bacon in pot. Remove, drain and set aside. Crumble fry sausage, or if using links, cut in small rounds and brown. Drain. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, scrapping up sausage bits. Add rosemary and pesto. Heat through until onions and garlic are soft. Return sausage to pot. Add potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Whisk flour with whipping cream until there are no lumps. Add bacon, beans, kale, cream with flour and tomatoes. Return to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until kale is tender and soup is thickened. Add salt, pepper, cayenne to taste.