Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers With Cheese
Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers with Cheese are easy to make ahead and put in the oven about an hour before you plan on having dinner. I like to cut the peppers in half so that more of the cheese browns while baking.
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 ⁄2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 ⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, about 4 ounces
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from kitchme.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut tops from green peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
Chop enough of the green pepper tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well. Sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt.
In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped pepper till meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off excess fat.
Add undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, salt, Worcestershire, and a dash of pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
Bake, covered in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dump Cake 3.9/5 (96 Votes)
- Beef and cheese lasagna 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Dirty Rice with Beans & Sausage 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Lightened up Pumpkin Roll 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Hearty Beef Soup/Stew 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- StoveTop Stuffing Meatloaf 4.1/5 (76 Votes)
- Taco Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (50 Votes)