Green Beans - Dutch Oven
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 pounds green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock, canned low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/bacon-braised-green-beans-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Set a Dutch oven over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is well browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the green beans and toss to combine with the bacon and onions.
Increase the heat to medium high and add the chicken stock. As soon as the stock begins to boil, place the lid on the pan and cook the beans for about 6 minutes. Remove the lid, season the beans with the salt and pepper, and toss well. Replace the lid and cook until the beans are tender, 1 or 2 minutes longer.
Remove from the heat and transfer the beans to a serving dish or small platter.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/bacon-braised-green-beans-recipe.html?oc=linkback