Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
What a tasty and simple appetizer! Tender asparagus spears are wrapped in a thin slice of cheese and prosciutto, then drizzled with a little oil and balsamic vinegar. Can be made ahead and chilled for up to 24 hours before serving.
- 24 asparagus spears (1 to 1-1/4 pounds), trimmed to 6-inch lengths
- 24 thin slices provolone cheese (12 to 14 ounces)
- 12 very thin slices prosciutto (8 to 10 ounces), halved lengthwise
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Adapted from bhg.com
Place a steamer basket in a large skillet. Add enough water to come just below bottom of basket. Bring to boiling. Place asparagus in basket. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam, covered, for 4 minutes. Remove asparagus from basket; immerse in ice water to cool quickly. Drain asparagus; pat dry with paper towels.
Wrap a slice of cheese and a half-slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear. Arrange wrapped asparagus on a serving plate. If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
Before serving, sprinkle with cracked pepper. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar. Makes 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Sous Vide Pork Shoulder 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Jicama Pear Pomegranate Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Pecan Coffee Cake 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon With Cucumber and... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Bone in Pork Chop with... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mediterranean Egg Casserole for Two 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Arugula Salad with... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)