Shrimp with Garlic and Smoked Paprika
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional
Warm a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until lightly golden, about 90 seconds. Sprinkle with salt, crushed red pepper and garlic; turn shrimp and sauté until just cooked through, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
2. Add sherry to skillet; cook, stirring to release brown bits from bottom of skillet, until liquid has reduced by about half, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and juices from shrimp. Remove skillet from heat; add butter and smoked paprika and stir until sauce is creamy. Spoon sauce over shrimp; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges, if desired.