Eye of Round Roast Beef w/mustard garlic crust
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) boneless beef eye round roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, preferably coarse grain
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Horseradish Sauce: 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons jarred horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
•Preheat oven to 475°F.
•Season the roast well with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large ovenproof (preferably cast iron) sauté pan over medium-high heat, and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. When hot, sear the beef on all sides, until nicely browned, about 8 minutes in total. Transfer the beef to a plate for a few minutes, and pour off most of the remaining fat in the pan.
•Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the minced garlic, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to taste.
•Brush or smear the mixture all over the roast, and return the beef to the skillet fat side down. Roast in the oven until an instant read thermometer registers 125°F for medium-rare (25 to 30 minutes), or 130°F for medium (30 to 35 minutes; the temperature will continue to climb for a bit after it is removed from the oven.)
•Let the roast rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes for it to finish cooking and for the juices to reabsorb into the meat before slicing thinly. While the beef is cooking, make the Horseradish Sauce: in a small bowl blend together the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice and salt.
You'll also love
- Paula Deen's Green Tomato Cake... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta Frolla (Easter Wheat Pie) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Gravy (Vitamix) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Bourguignon from Le Creuset 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1770 House Meatloaf with Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)