T-Fal Acti-Fry Italian Chicken Strips
Simple and Quick Acti-Fry Italian Chicken Strips
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 Cups Buttermilk (enough to soak raw strips)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Cornflakes Cereal (NOT FROSTED)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Fresh or Canned)
- 1/4 Cup Italian Seasoning (any brand, preferably salt-free)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Prep and Marinade:
1) Clean chicken breasts of all fat and other "undesirable" bits.
2) Slice the chicken into strip form (I found that slicing on a 45deg bias made nice strip slices).
3) Place sliced chicken into marinating container and spread garlic powder over them, then cover in buttermilk. Stir gently to make sure that garlic is mixed and buttermilk is touching all sides.
4) Let marinate in buttermilk for up to 3 hours, but anything over 30 minutes is fine.
Breading and Cooking:
1) Place cornflakes in a plastic bag and crush to desired consistency.
2) Mix Parmesan Cheese and Italian Seasoning with cornflakes in "dry" dish.
3) Mix Milk and Egg in another "wet" dish.
4) Pull single strip from buttermilk mixture and dip in egg mixture to coat liberally, then place the strip in the dry mixture and coat both sides very well. Press breading into it well.
5) Place strip on plate and repeat process for all other strips.
6) Add oil to Acti-Fry and spread in pan.
7) Add prepped chicken strips into pan in a single layer, do not overfill.
8) Close lid and set timer for 10 minutes. Check strips for doneness and possibly add 2-3 more minutes as necessary.
You'll also love
- Chicken Green Curry 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Spanish Chicken and Rice 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Oven-Fried Chicken Thighs 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted Chicken Strips 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Bread 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Fried Chicken and White Gravy 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Crispy Ranch Cornflake... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Roasted Chickpeas in an Air Fryer 4.5/5 (10 Votes)