One Pot Wonder Thai Peanut Pasta
- Add at the end of cooking:
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- I tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (and/or fish sauce, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 inches of a ginger root, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch by 2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1/4 inch by 2 inch pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced in half lengthwise and then in 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- One small bunch of cilantro, diced (flat leaf parsley will work in a pinch)
- Juice of two limes
- Optional garnishes:
- Chopped peanuts
- Mung bean sprouts
Adapted from apronstringsblog.com
Place all ingredients except cilantro and lime juice and garnishes in a large stockpot. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until pasta is al dente and almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
Remove slices of ginger and stir in cilantro and lime juice. Dish up the pasta and then sprinkle on garnishes as desired.