MIDDLE EASTERN COUSCOUS
By Chef Dave
Great side dish for shish kabobs
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped greek olives(from the olive bar)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the couscous, cranberries, olives and feta cheese.
2. Bring to a boil in a large teflon pan with a lid.
3. Turn off the heat.
4. Stir in the couscous and cover.
5. Let sit for 5 minutes.
6. Fluff with a rubber scraper and sir in the cranberries, olives and feta.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature.