Vegetarian Mushroom Thyme Gravy
Boring gravy mix packets are a thing of the past! Flex your culinary skills this Thanksgiving with this Vegetarian Mushroom Thyme Gravy recipe.
- 1/3 cup dried mushrooms, shitake or mixed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Bring vegetable stock to a boil. In a small bowl pour stock over mushrooms. Let soak for 20 minutes. Remove mushrooms from bowl, setting the stock aside for later. Mince or thinly slice the mushrooms.
In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Add the minced shallot and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat until softened. Add the flour to the butter/shallot mixture stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
Gradually add 1 1/2 cups of the reserved vegetable stock(leaving mushroom sediment out), stirring well to incorporate after each addition. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add the reserved mushrooms, soy sauce, cream, sherry & thyme to the gravy.
Cook for a few more minutes until heated through and thickened to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Pour over anything on your plate!
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Key Lime Cheesecake Pancakes 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- No-Bake Raspberry Cream Pie 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Layer Cake 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Cumin Mushrooms 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Steak Fajita Sandwich with... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)