Wasabi & Honey Glazed Salmon
This glaze is very simple to make, and it's very tasty. If you don't have Mirin on hand, you can substitute either Vermouth or a dry white wine.
- 3 tablespoons mirin (or vermouth)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled ginger root
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- Nonstick vegetable spray oil
- 2 salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and wasabi to taste. (Add the wasabi incrementally, tasting as you go.)
Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until glaze thickens slightly, about 5 minutes (mine took closer to 10 minutes). Remove from the heat.
My adaption to this recipe is that I prefer to sear and roast salmon in an oven-proof skillet.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Lightly coat an oven-proof skillet with olive oil and heat on medium-high.
Season the salmon with a little kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper.
When the oil begins to shimmer, and just starts to smoke, add the salmon, skin side up.
Sear, without moving it around for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon over, skin side down. Brush some of the glaze onto the salmon and then place the skillet of salmon into the oven for about 4 minutes.
Spoon the remainder of the sauce over the salmon and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Sliders 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Warm Butternut and Chickpea Salad... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Biscuit & Gravy Casserole 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Side Of Salmon With... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tilapia Fish Tacos 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Scallops with Herbed Raw Tomato... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pad Thai Shrimp Rice Noodles 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Tilapia 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Thighs Recipe 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Glazed Carrots, Cooks Illustrated... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Red Beans and Rice 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sautéed Salmon with Rhubarb... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Burgers Recipe 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Rib Steak With Gravy 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Firecracker Grilled Salmon 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Eggplant Caponata 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Salmon Salad Sandwich 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Oregon Salmon Patties 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Blackened Swordfish 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Cutlets with Ham &... 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Tamara's Crab-Stuffed Grouper 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken with Pineapple 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oregon Salmon Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Butter Creamed Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meat: Drunken BBQ Lamb Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APRICOT GLAZED SALMON 0/5 (0 Votes)