Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Chestnuts
You can use either canned or fresh chestnuts. It is perfect with roast turkey or pork.
- 6 oz bacon, diced
- 5 shallots, minced
- 4 lb brussel sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup roughly chopped roasted and peeled chestnuts (fresh or jarred)
- 2 tbs choppped fresh thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large roasting pan or ovenproof saute pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 5-8 minutes. Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high , add the brussel sprouts, chestnuts, thyme, salt and pepper and stir well.
transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then stir the ingredients. Continue roasting until the brussels sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes more. transfer to serving dish and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon or... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Reunion Apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Molasses Short Ribs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Duck Breast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chai-Brined Pork Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Big Bob Gibson's Championship Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Scented Potato, Dill & Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)