Lemon Scented Potato, Dill & Bacon Soup
- 5 slices bacon, crumbled
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large Yukon potatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 2 tsp chopped dill
1. Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside.
2. Combine stock, garlic, potatoes, celery, salt and pepper in a large pot and bring to low boil. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and puree until smooth.
3. Return pot to stove over medium heat and stir in lemon zest and cream. Simmer for 5 minutes to incorporate flavours.
4. Just before serving, stir in dill. Garnish each bowl with bacon.
You'll also love
- Hamburger Gravy over Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cola Barbecue Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice Casserole with Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant, Crabmeat Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Jello 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Texas-Style Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple-Apple Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Pea and Bacon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)