Hand Of Pickled Pork With Mustard Sauce
- BENNET POTATOES:
- 4 pounds pickled pork soaked in
- cold water for 4 hours
- 10 carrots peeled, quartered
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups hot veal stock
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- Minced parsley to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes cooked, mashed, and seasoned with
- Salt to taste, and Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 egg whites whipped until stiff
- Minced fresh parsley to garnish
Drain pork and place in cold water to cover. Bring to boil and cook 50 minutes. Add carrots and cook 30 minutes more. Let cool in water. Drain and reserve carrots. Remove skin from pork and carve into thick slices. Set aside.
Melt butter in small saucepan, then add flour. Stir to form a roux and cook on low heat for 1 minute. Add hot stock, whisking to form a smooth sauce. Add mustard and lemon juice. Cook 12 minutes, then season with salt and white pepper.
Combine egg yolks with a little bit of the sauce, whisk well and add this back to saucepan, whisking over gentle heat. Place pork on serving platter and nap with sauce. Garnish with parsley and surround by cooked carrots. Serve with Bennet Potatoes.
For the Bennet Potatoes: Preheat oil to 400 degrees. Combine mashed potatoes with chives and fold in egg whites. Fill piping bag with 1/2-inch plain nozzle. Pipe pieces into hot oil and cook 2 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels and dust with parsley.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Broiled Lobster Tail With Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Seafood Boil 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Straw Mushrooms With Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Goose Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe