Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is hearty enough to be the focus of your meal. Heavy cream makes it extra rich while the chicken breasts provide protein.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 package of long grain and wild rice with seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from recipe4living.com
Place the chicken in a skillet and cook until it is no longer pink. Cut into shreds.
In a large pot, combine chicken stock, water and chicken. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the rice but do not add the seasoning. Set seasoning aside. Remove from heat and cover.
In a small bowl, add the salt, pepper and the flour. Stir to mix. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the seasoning packet, cooking until it begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and stir in the flour mixture.
Using a whisk, add the cream a little bit at a time. Stir completely. Allow to cook about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Add the cream mixture to the broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until hot, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve with warm bread and butter.
You'll also love
- Warm Bean Salad with Fresh Herbs... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Iron Skillet Apple Pie 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage, Mushroom, and... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Fennel-Crusted Pork Chops with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- White Bean Hummus with Truffle Oil 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Scrumptious Spinach, Cheese & Ham... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (11 Votes)