Cranberry Roasted Chicken
- SANTA FE SPICE:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- CRANBERRY COMPOTE:
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries - (abt 2 cups)
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 pint apple cider
- 1/3 cup brown sugar - (lightly packed)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cold butter diced
For the Santa Fe Spice: Combine chili powder, celery, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes, sage, garlic powder and onion powder. Stre in airtight glass container. (Makes about 1/3 cup)
For the Cranberry Compote: Combine cranberries, onions, apple cider, brown sugar and garlic in large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat until cranberries start to pop, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cool and reserve, refrigerated, until needed.
For the Chicken: Liberally dust skin side of each breast with Santa Fe Spice. Rub bottom of heavy oven-proof skillet with oil. Place over medium-high heat until pan is very hot.
Lay chicken breasts spice-side down in skillet and sear until nut-brown crust forms, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn breasts and ladle Cranberry Compote into skillet until liquid reaches top side of each portion of chicken. Do not let liquid wash off spice crust. Bring compote to boil.
Bake at 425 degrees until compote liquid is reduced to thin syrup and chicken is firm to touch, 20 to 30 minutes. Carefully remove skillet from oven. Set chicken on serving platter.
Bring skillet juices to simmer over medium heat and gradually stir in bits of butter until sauce forms smooth, shiny consistency, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Spoon sauce liberally over each portion of chicken breast. Serve with saffron rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Each serving: 389 calories; 240 mg sodium; 110 mg cholesterol; 16 grams fat; 28 grams carbohydrates; 33 grams protein; 1.39 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Chino Latino Roasted Duck With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Corn Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Salad With Black Olives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toasted Orzo Salad And Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Knott's Berry Farm's Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Knott's Berry Farm's Fried Chicken 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)