Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Bourbon Glaze
From Southern Living Sept 2014: The key to success here is to brush the Apple-Bourbon Glaze on the chops during the last few minutes on the grill, turning and brushing often to create a layered, lacquered look. Garnish the chops with grilled halves of small apples brushed with the glaze.
- PORK CHOPS:
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (12-oz.) bone-in pork rib chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- APPLE-BOURBON GLAZE:
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 13 to 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened and is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in red pepper.
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Stir together first 5 ingredients. Brush pork with olive oil, and rub both sides with sugar mixture. Place pork in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; cover and chill 12 to 24 hours. Remove pork from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare glaze.
2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill chops, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until almost done. Brush chops with glaze; turn and brush other side with glaze. Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes.
3. Repeat process, without grill lid and turning chops every 10 seconds, until glaze thickens and chops are cooked through.
You'll also love
- Tomato Artichoke Appetizers 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Tuna Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Carrot-Ginger Dressing 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Barbacoa Beef Tacos with Two Sauces 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Fettuccine Culi-Fredo with Brussel... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- MATCHA GREEN TEA SWISS ROLL WITH... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Salmon with Fennel,... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin & Cider Stove Top Mac n'... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)