Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Bourbon Glaze
From Southern Living Sept 2014: The key to success here is to brush the Apple-Bourbon Glaze on the chops during the last few minutes on the grill, turning and brushing often to create a layered, lacquered look. Garnish the chops with grilled halves of small apples brushed with the glaze.
- PORK CHOPS:
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (12-oz.) bone-in pork rib chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- APPLE-BOURBON GLAZE:
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 13 to 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened and is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in red pepper.
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Stir together first 5 ingredients. Brush pork with olive oil, and rub both sides with sugar mixture. Place pork in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; cover and chill 12 to 24 hours. Remove pork from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare glaze.
2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill chops, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until almost done. Brush chops with glaze; turn and brush other side with glaze. Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes.
3. Repeat process, without grill lid and turning chops every 10 seconds, until glaze thickens and chops are cooked through.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (889 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (676 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)