Simple Sunny Broccoli Salad
Simple Sunny Broccoli salad is made ahead of time, perfect to take to a pot luck or have in the fridge for a quick side dish for dinner.
- 1 cup mayonnaise or reduced-fat mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 to 5 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like your salad
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 7 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from midwestliving.com
In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, onion, raisins, sugar and vinegar. Add chopped broccoli and stir to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
Just before serving, stir in sunflower seeds and bacon.