Roasted sweet potato salad
- Simple Balsamic dressing:
- 2 cups sweet potato cut into 1/2 inch cubes (2 medium sized sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 minced shallot, 1 minced garlic clove, salt and pepper to taste.
- Or use your favorite store bough balsamic dressing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange the sweet potato pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss and mix to coat each piece, and then spread the pieces out so you have a single layer.
Bake the sweet potatoes, stirring one time halfway through, for 30 minutes, and check to see they are cooked through. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding to the salad
Top your greens with the sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and avocado. Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the top and toss to coat.
Crispy Bacon would be a lovely addition to this salad
You'll also love
- Corn on the Cob - Microwave 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Caramel Coconut Pie 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Southern Creamed Corn 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Homemade Gnocchi from leftover... 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- Cuban Roasted Pork Tenderloin with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Sweet-Potato Wedges 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)