Corn on the Cob - Microwave
Rate this recipe 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- 1 . Remove a few of the outer husks that might be dirty.
- 2 . Cut the bottoms off of the corn. Be sure to cut above the part of the cob where the husk is attached. It would be above the part of the cob where it starts to round down.
- 3 . Place a moist paper towel on the bottom of the microwave or on top of the carousel and place the corn on the paper towel.
- 4 . For 5 ears, cook approx. 10 minutes. Add another minute per additional ear.
- 5 . After cooking, let the corn sit about 2 minutes. It will continue to cook and will be cooler and easier to handle. If you let it sit too long, the silk will stick to the ear and will be harder to clean.
- 6 . Pick the cooked corn up by the top (you might want to use an oven mitt if it is too hot to handle) and squeeze and lightly shake out the ear of corn. It should just slide out leaving the silk and all of the husks intact.
Adapted from holmfamilycookbook.com