Halloween Leftovers Candy Cookies
This recipe was tested with Hershey’s premier baking pieces, but use any kind of candy bar broken up into pieces that are placed on the cookie dough before baking.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in oats and coconut.
Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; press a chocolate piece into the center of each warm cookie. Remove to wire racks.
Yield: 5 dozen.
You'll also love
- Eggnog Monkey Bread 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Crustless Vegetable Quiche 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Coconut Macaroon Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Asian Short Ribs Pressure Cooker... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hoppin' John 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Halloween Spider Breads 4.5/5 (17 Votes)