Honey-Roasted Root Vegetables
Honey amplifies the natural sugars of the caramelized vegetables in this dish. If you can't find tupelo honey, substitute another medium color, floral variety, such as dandelion, loosestrife, or orange blossom.
- 2 cups peeled sweet potato, coarsely chopped (about 1-large)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled turnip, coarsely chopped (about 2-medium)
- 1 1/2 cups parsnip, coarsely chopped (about 2-medium)
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, coarsely chopped (about 2-medium)
- 1/4 cup tupelo honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 shallots, halved
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Combine all ingredients except the cooking spray in a large bowl; toss to coat.
Place vegetable mixture on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450°F for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Gingersnap-Raspberry Sandwiches 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jalapeño Scalloped Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sicilian Bruschetta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlicky Black-Pepper Shrimp &... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Oven-roasted Potatoes and Sausage 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Paula's Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Maple-Bourbon Smash 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Stuffing with Sage & Chives 4.6/5 (31 Votes)