Eggplant And Angel Hair Bundles - ...
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 nine-inch-long eggplant washed, and cut lengthwise into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/4 pound prosciutto diced
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta - (4 nests)
- 1/4 pound caciocavallo cheese diced
- 1/2 cup diced Dried Tomatoes In Olive Oil (see recipe)
- 1/3 cup diced pitted oil-cured black olives
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly brush a 9- by 12-inch baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
Brush two baking sheets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Lay the eggplant slices in single layers on the sheets. Bake until soft enough to roll up, 10 to 12 minutes. Do not let the slices brown or they will be too dry to roll.
Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, then add the onion and prosciutto and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft and the prosciutto begins to brown. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
Cook the angel hair according to the package directions. Drain and add it to the onion mixture, tossing well. Mix in the cheese, tomatoes, and olives and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the angel hair mixture evenly among the eggplant slices, spreading the mixture the length of the slices. Roll each slice up like a jellyroll and place seam-side down in the prepared 9- by 12-inch baking dish. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake until the bundles are hot, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Note: Caciocavallo is a cow's milk cheese with a stringy consistency. If unavailable, substitute provolone -- either sharp or mild.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Angel Hair Shrimp Scampi 4.4/5 (58 Votes)