Grilled Oriental Eggplant
- 4 Japanese eggplant halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted lightly
Place eggplant in a large shallow baking dish. Mix together the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the eggplant and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
Season the eggplant with salt and pepper to taste and grill on each side for 3 minutes, basting occasionally with the remaining marinade.
This recipe yields 4 servings.