Tomato Salad Pugliese Style - ...
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 9 large fresh basil leaves minced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley - (tightly-packed) minced
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 8 large meaty plum tomatoes - (to 9) diced
- 8 Pugliese Hard Biscuits (see recipe)
In a glass bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and gently toss. Cover the bowl and let marinate at room temperature for several hours.
Spoon the salad over the frisedde and let stand for about 20 minutes, cut before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings.