ANGEL HAIR,SHRIMP AL ARRABIATA
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounces) can plum tomatoes, with basil in tomato juice, undrained
- 1/8 to1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 ( 14- ounce) can peeled, diced tomatoes, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 to 1 pound peeled, deveined large shrimp, with tails on 1/2 pound dry or 1 (9-ounce) package fresh uncooked angel hair pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- Granted parmesan cheese
Prepare sauce; Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil with 2 cloves garlic in skillet. Stir in wine and cook over high heat until wine is reduced by half. Add undrained plum tomatoes,red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons chopped basil; cook over high heat, until tomato mixture has thickend, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in drained, diced tamatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons basil and salt and pepper to taste. Reduced heat to meduim and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil, if desired.
Meanwhile, cook shrimp with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in a grill pan over high heat until done. sprinkling with remaining 2 cloves garlic a minute or two before finished cooking or place shrimp in a shallow baking pan; dizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 garlic cloves and roast in a preheated 500- degree oven 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve sauce over hot cooked angle hair pasta and surround with shrimp. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon w/ sun-dried... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Vegetable Creamy Fettuccine 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Linguine and Clams 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Garlicky Black-Pepper Shrimp &... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Cheesy Lemon Angel Hair 4.6/5 (16 Votes)