Hamburger Beef Jerky
THE BEST beef jerky recipe. I have made a ton of recipes out of all kinds of things. Roasts, steaks, etc. But the only stuff I get asked for is this stuff. It is so cheap and so versatile.
- 5 pounds 90% lean ground beef (90-92%)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons non-iodized salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/4 tablespoons meat tenderizer
- 3/4 tablespoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup ketchup
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 390mins
Adapted from food.com
Mix all spices with ground beef EXCEPT Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup. You need to really get your hands in to mix it well.
Press into strips with a jerky gun.
Mix Worcestershire, liquid smoke and ketchup in a shallow dish.
Coat strips with sauce and place on trays to dry. Dry according to your dehydrator manufacturers instructions.
Other flavors as follows:
Hot and spicy - mix Louisiana hot sauce with water to thin a bit. Coat strips and dry.
BBQ - thin your favorite bottled bbq sauce with water. Coat strips and dry. 11 Teriyaki - thin bottled teriyaki sauce with soy sauce. Coat strips and dry.
You'll also love
- Italian Breaded Pork Chops 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- BLT and P (Bacon, Leek, Tomato and... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Chalupa ground beef supreme 4.1/5 (47 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken and Shrimp Egg Rolls 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Bacon Braised... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)