Morning Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese, Dill, and Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 T (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 T chopped fresh dill
- 1.25 c whole milk
- 2 T raw pumpkin seeds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from redbookmag.com
1. Heat oven to 375F, w/a rack in the middle position. Butter 10c of a muffin tin.
2. In a lg bowl, mix flour, baking powder, & salt.
3. Work butter into flour mixture w/your fingers; the consistency should be grainy, w/some lg lumps of butter.
4. Add cheddar cheese, scallions, dill, & milk. Mix well. (Don't worry if the dough feels sticky & wet - that's okay.) Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds on top of each.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden & a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, ~ 30 min.
6. Cool on a wire rack before serving.