Peach Cobbler from Laura Vitale
- Serves 6 to 8
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- 4 cups of Fresh Sliced Peaches
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- For the Batter:
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup of Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup of Milk
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Pour the butter in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, add the peaches, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and set aside.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the egg and milk and stir to combine.
5) Pour the batter over the butter but do not sit the two together.
6) Scatter the peach mixture evenly over the top and don’t stir them in just leave them as is.
7) Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with ice cream if desired.
Recipe By: Laura Vitale