Bob Evans Strawberry Bread KopyKat
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup strawberry jam ( homemade is best )
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 6 to 8 drops red food coloring
Adapted from thebreadfairy.blogspot.com
Combine flour, salt and cream of tartar and soda.
Set aside. Combine sugar, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
Cream until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir together jam and buttermilk.
Add to creamed mixture.
Alternate with dry ingredients.
Mix just to blend.
Add a few drops of red food coloring to get the shad of pink you want.
The jam alone did not get the batter really pink.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans 9 x 5x 3 and bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)
- Blueberry Biscuits 4.5/5 (142 Votes)