Sweet & Sour Pork
Super easy and delicious Sweet and Sour Pork recipe. If you're looking for a tasty simple recipe tonight this dish has you covered. Serve with rice and a veggie for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 2 to 3 pounds lean pork roast
- 1 cup granulated sugar (seems like a lot, but it mellows out)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Brown the pork roast on all sides and put it in your slow cooker. Mix everything else and bring it to a boil, then pour it over the meat.
Cook on low for 4 hours or until very tender (spoon the sauce over the meat every once in a while).
That's it...super easy!! At the very end of the cooking time, I thickened the sauce a little with a slurry of cornstarch and water (right in the crockpot).
To serve, slice the meat and spoon a little of the sauce over it; it's great with rice.
You'll also love
- Baked Shrimp Wontons 4.3/5 (57 Votes)
- Loaded Totchos 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Coconut Cake 4/5 (83 Votes)
- Low Carb Ham Mac and Cheese... 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Barayaki 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Four Cheese Sausage Rigatoni 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Rack of Lamb with Mint and Capers 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Cacciatore 5/5 (3 Votes)