- 3 cups shredded zucchini (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coasely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, if desired
- CRANBERRY BREAD
- Omit zucchini, cinnamon, cloves and raisins. Stir in 1/2 cup milk and 2 teaspoons grated orange peel with oil. Stir 3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and draind) cranberries into batter. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
- PUMPKIN BREAD
- Substitute 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumkin pie mix) for zucchini.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
1.Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease the bottoms only of two 8x4 inch loaf pans or one 9x5 inch loaf pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
2.In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and raisins.Stir in nuts and raisins. Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans or pour into 9-inch pan.
3.Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes,or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack.
4.Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before sliceing.Wrap tightly and store at roomtemperature up to 4 days, or 10 days refrigerated