Cauliflower Protein Bread
This makes one loaf of protein packed cauliflower bread. Serve as a side with your main meal, or toast gently in your broiler with breakfast.
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons unflavored micellar casein*
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 6 large eggs whites
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli, smoked paprika, roasted garlic, or some finely chopped Fresh herbs, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. It pays to use a double thickness of paper for this. Set aside.
Place the cauliflower in to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times, until chopped finely. It will resemble cauliflower rice. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth. If you are adding chilli, paprika, garlic, or herbs, to the bread, add them with the other ingredients. Adjust the seasoning, if desired.
Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth the top. If you prefer to sprinkle some chilli or herbs on top, do it now.
Lower the oven temperature to 325°F and bake the bread for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 300°F and bake for a further 50 minutes, or until risen and golden and cooked through.
Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack, in the pan. When cool, carefully remove the bread, and serve.
Store, wrapped in foil in a freezer bag, in the refrigerator. It will keep fresh for several days if stored this way.
*You can omit the casein powder if you like and just add another 2 tablespoons of coconut flour.
You'll also love
- Boneless Dill Chicken Breast with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Paleo Lobster Eggs Benedict with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Torte 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (GAMBAS... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Bread Machine ~ Cheddar Cheese... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Cauliflower Cheddar Soup 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)