Banana Cake (Dominica)
- 3/4 c. golden raisins
- 1/3 c. rum
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 glace cherries, diced
Preheat oven to 325. Grease 9x5 loaf pan. In pot, mix raisins and run, over medium heat, bring to boil. Cook until most of rum is absorbed. Remove from heat and cool.
In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; reserve.
Beat bananas, sugar, butter and vanilla until sugar is dissolved; stir into flour mixture until blended. Stir in cherries and rum mixture.
Bake 1 1/4 hours or until pick inserted into center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Marinated then Baked Pork... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Homemade Freckled Lemonade 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Apricot Pineapple Jam with Pectin 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Peanut Butter & Banana Vegan Crepes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Hummingbird Cake 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Crazy Banana Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)