Roasting a Turkey in Parchment Paper
To ensure supermoist meat throughout, Martha Stewart suggests wrapping the bird in parchment paper. Note: The image shown is similar to what a wrapped bird may look like; however, with this method, the last piece of parchment will be folded and stapled from the neck to the base of the turkey.
- One 14-pound stuffed turkey
Adapted from heritageturkey.com
1. Place the stuffed, seasoned, and tied 14-pound turkey on a buttered sheet of parchment paper.
2. Gather up ends over the breast, partially wrapping turkey. Fold overlapping ends and staple to secure.
3. Rotate bird 90 degrees. Place on a second piece of parchment. Repeat folding and stapling.
4. Rotate bird again and repeat with a third piece of parchment to further encase bird.
5. Fold and staple all ends to form a contained package.
6. Place enclosed bird on a flat rack sent in a roasting pan.
7. Roast at 325 for 2 hours, 45 minutes.
After the initial roasting time, rip open the parchment and turn up the oeven to 425 for another 45 minutes to cook the bird through and brown and crisp the skin.