Lemon Caesar Salad
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 7 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can artichoke hearts - (14 oz) rinsed, drained, and halved
- 1 piece parmesan cheese - (abt 2 oz)
- 18 Melba toast rounds broken bite size
In a blender or food processor, puree the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and anchovy paste. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil (the mixture will thicken slightly). Add the yogurt; puree until just smooth, about 10 seconds.
Place the lettuce and artichoke hearts in a large salad bowl; add the dressing and toss to coat. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into curls; top the salad with the cheese and toast pieces.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per Serving: 198 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 9 mg Cholesterol, 370 mg Sodium, 21 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 10 g Protein, 226 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Bread, 2 Fruit/Vegetables, 1 Fat.
Points Per Serving: 4.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)