Chicken Pot Pie in a Convection Oven
It's quick and easy to make Chicken Pot Pie in your convection oven. Serve this with some crusty bread and a tossed salad.
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) pkg frozen peas and carrots-thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn-drained, can use 8-ounces of frozen corn
- 1 (2-ounce) jar sliced pimento--drained
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for 2-crust (9-inch) pie
- Milk, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
In 2-quart casserole, place onion, celery and oil. Microwave on HIGH (10) 2-3 minutes ntil vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add flour, stirring until smooth. Add chicken broth. Microwave on HIGH (10) for 5-7 minutes until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes.
Add chicken, peas, carrots, corn, pimento, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spoon filling evenly into an 11x7x2 inch GLASS baking dish.
Top with pastry, crimping edges of pastry around inside of dish. Vent crust to allow steam to escape, by making a few slits on the top of the crust.
Brush pastry lightly with milk, if desired.
Place metal accessory rack on turntable. Preheat convection oven to 400°F. Cook on COMBINATION 30-35 minutes until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chicken Diablo Chili - LLBean 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Parsley Chicken &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- No Peek Chicken Rice Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken & Broccoli Casserole (with... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Roasted Chicken 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Pie Crust 4.3/5 (17 Votes)