Slow Cooker Sweet Onion Chicken
- 2 sweet onions (such as Vidalia), sliced
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or a combination of the two
- 2 envelopes powdered onion soup mix
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
Adapted from theseasonedmom.com
Place sliced onions on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with the chicken.
In a separate bowl, whisk together soup mix, chicken broth, and tapioca. Pour over chicken.
Cook covered on low for 3-4 hours.
Shred or slice chicken, if desired. Serve over pasta, rice, or with crusty bread. You can also use the chicken and sauce to make sandwiches!
You'll also love
- Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Potato Salad 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- OATMEAL COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Pesto Caprese Potato Salad 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Smokin' Chipotle Bacon-Onion Dip 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Smoky Pork Burgers with Grilled... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Kielbasa Sandwiches with Grilled... 4.3/5 (50 Votes)