Smoky Pork Burgers with Grilled Sweet Onion
Having a BBQ this weekend? Satisfy the family and friends with these Smoky Pork Burgers with Grilled Sweet Onion.
- 1-1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil for the pan
- 1 small sweet onion, cut crosswise into 4 thick slices
- 2 large cloves garlic, mashed to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 rolls, split and toasted
- 4 romaine leaves (optional)
Adapted from finecooking.com
Mix the pork, parsley, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt with your hands until just combined. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Oil a grill pan and heat over medium-high heat. Grill the burgers, flipping once, until cooked through (160°F), about 15 minutes total. If there’s room on the pan, grill the onion slices at the same time, flipping once, until tender, about 7 minutes. Otherwise, keep the burgers warm, covered loosely in foil, while you grill the onion.
Stir the garlic into the mayonnaise and spread it on the rolls. Serve the burgers on the rolls topped with the onion slices and lettuce, if using.
You'll also love
- Roasted Vidalia Onions with Herbed... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Cucumber Pickles 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Mushroom & Swiss Burgers 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon and Egg Pie 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- ONION SLOPPY JOE'S 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Kielbasa Sandwiches with Grilled... 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Sweet Onion Dip - aka "Crack Dip" 4.3/5 (31 Votes)