Paleo Breakfast Stuffed Acorn Squash
Here is something I don’t totally get. Why is breakfast so hard for people. Because there really is a simple solution to it all. Eat what you ate for dinner. Don’t have any leftovers? That’s cool, make something like eggs and bacon. Can’t eat eggs? That’s fine, make this breakfast stuffed acorn squash but don’t top it with an eg
- 3/4 lb US Wellness Meats Natural Breakfast Sausage
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to tast
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from paleomg.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place acorn squash cut-side down onto your baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until your acorn squash is soft when you press on the skin.
Remove from oven and let cool.
While your acorn squash is cooking, add a tablespoon of some kind of fat to a large pan over medium heat (I used bacon fat) then add your minced garlic and diced onion.
Stir around to keep from burning.
Once your onions become translucent, add your breakfast sausage to the pan.
Cook down, breaking up the breakfast sausage as it cooks.
Once the breakfast sausage is almost all the way cooked through, turn your heat to low and add your inside of your acorn squash. Do this by using a spoon to scoop out the insides, leaving just the skin of the acorn squash. Be careful not the tear the skin!
Mix the acorn squash and the breakfast sausage together then add it back to your acorn squash skin
Once both of your acorn squash halves are full, press into the middle with a spoon to breakfast a little resting spot for your egg.
Crack an egg on top.
Place back in the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until egg-cooked preference.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Bacon 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Mushroom Chickpea Skillet 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled American Lamb Loin Chops... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Daniel Boulud's Corn and Heirloom... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Spice OMM with Maple Butter 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Avocado Corn & Tomato Salad 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE WITH... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Acorn Squash Alfredo, Vegan 4.2/5 (9 Votes)