Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chili with Cornbread Topping
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped (about one cup)
- 1 pepper (any color), chopped (about one cup)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons and 1.5 teaspoons of homemade taco seasoning or 1 package of store-bought taco seasoning
- 10.75 oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 pound cheese (we use cheddar or pepper jack), shredded (about one cup)
- 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix + the necessary ingredients listed on the box (Jiffy calls for one egg and 1/3 cup milk)
Adapted from newleafwellness.com
Add chicken, onion, peppers, corn, seasoning, and tomato soup to slow cooker.
Cover with lid and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours, until chicken is cooked through and tender. Shred chicken with fork. Cover shredded chicken chili with cheese and assembled corn muffin batter. Add lid and cook on “high” setting for 60 minutes or until cornbread topping is cooked through.