Kale, Quinoa Crustless Quice
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- > 1 cup water
- > 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- > 1 bunch Kale, stems removed and cut into ribbons
- > 1 Vidalia Onion, thinly sliced
- > 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- > 1/2 cup feta
- > 4 eggs
- > salt and pepper to taste
> Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a 9" pie dish (either butter the dish thoroughly or spray with baking spray). Rinse the quinoa. Combine the quinoa and water in a pan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat and then reduce to a simmer. This will take about twenty minutes. Set aside.
> Meanwhile, start to caramelize the onions. Heat the olive oil in a large saute on medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the onions. Slowly cook until the onions are soft and browned.
> Remove the onions from the pan, and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the kale into the hot onion pan. On medium heat, cook until the kale is wilted and bright green, about two minutes.
> Allow the greens to cool. Squeeze out any extra liquid using a sieve or a clean dish towel.
> Add the kale, quinoa, garlic, cream cheese and cheddar to the mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients so that they are evenly distributed.
> In a small bowl, whisk the eggs so that they are well combined. Pour over the quinoa/kale mixture. Stir until the egg clings to the greens. Add salt and pepper.
> Pour the mixture in the prepared pie dish. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the top is golden and the pie has started to pull away from the edge of the baking dish. This dish is delightful hot, but even better at room temperature.
> Variation: Substitute 1/2 cup cheddar and 3 ounces cubed cream cheese for feta.
You'll also love
- Goose Liver Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- D’Amico’s Dried Cherry Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus - Prosciutto Wrapped... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- STOVE TOP Spinach Balls-Lisa Pepper 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill Orzo and Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kale, Smoked Sausage, and Potato ... 0/5 (0 Votes)