Turkey Spaghetti Pie
ELNORA JOHNSON • Union City, Tennessee
This pretty spaghetti pie blends well-seasoned ground
turkey, cheese, veggies and tomato sauce in a crust
formed from spaghetti. It’s tasty comfort food your
family will request again and again.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion
over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, fennel seed and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package
directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, egg
substitute, margarine, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.
Form a crust in a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
3. Stir 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the turkey mixture;
spoon into spaghetti crust. Cover and bake at 350° for 30
minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella
cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.