Cavatini Pizza Hut
You can now make Pizza Hut's cavatini at home with this copycat recipe. This meaty pasta casserole is the perfect comfort food on a cold day!
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 ounces margarine, 1/2 stick
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound assorted pasta, wheels, shells, spirals, ziti
- 1/2 pound pepperoni, sliced thin then cut in half
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound hamburger, browned
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, browned
- 1 (16-ounce) jar meat flavored sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Melt margarine over medium high heat in a skillet. Add onions, peppers, and garlic powder. Sauté for about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to box directions. Heat sauce and combine with cooked hamburger and cooked sausage.
Lightly grease a 13 x 11-inch casserole dish or your individual pasta dishes. Place 1/2 of the cooked pasta in the dishes, followed by 1/2 the vegetables, 1/2 of the pepperoni and 1/2 sauce. Repeat another layer. Spread mozzarella cheese over top.
Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.